100 Ways to make money – 2. Forum Moderator
As long as forums exist, forum moderators need to exist.
This is because webmasters need people to block negative comments, make sure things are running smoothly and forum users are getting their questions and comments responded to.
To be a forum moderator, you would need to monitor comments posted by users, delete spam, answer questions from users, and reply to user messages. You would also encourage threads, add new content to the site, and block comments posted by people who ignore forum rules.
If you have an interest in certain forums, this could be very interesting for you to do. Just like with forum posting, you also have the potential to learn a lot.
You can find further tips here.
In order for you to become a forum moderator, here are some steps you can take:
- Post a profile on freelancing sites such as Elance.com, Guru.com, and Odesk.com. Describe your interests and your levels of expertise.
- Look for forum moderator jobs on the same freelancing sites, and apply for them.
- Google forum moderation job openings.
- If there are forums you’re interested in, check with the owner. A lot of people don’t post on freelancing sites but rather prefer to hire people who post a lot.
How much can I make out of moderating forums?
- Depending on your role and experience, you can make anywhere from $3 to $20 an hour.
100 Ways to make money – 1. Forum Posting
One of the easiest ways to make money online, if you have a flair for talking, is by forum posting.
A lot of webmasters have started hiring people to post on their forums so that their forums look busy and popular. They feel that by making their forums look more popular, they will be able to attract more long-term visitors.
When you’re posting in forums, all you would have to do is initiate new threads, or respond to existing ones, and keep conversations going. You may do this by posting interesting thoughts, thought-provoking conversation, or teaching people things.
A cool perk of this job is that you get to learn new things. Also, if you post in forums that you’re already interested in, you basically get paid to have fun.
In order for you to become a forum poster, here are some steps you can take:
- Browse through freelancing sites such as Elance.com, Guru.com, Odesk.com, etc.
- Apply for forum posting jobs on those sites
- Respond back to the buyer on time if you are called for an interview
- Agree on the pay per post and the deadline
- Get the job done within the accepted deadline
How much can I make out of forum posting?
- For each forum post you make, the general prices range anywhere from $0.10 to $0.50 per post. If you have time to devote to this during the day and are able to make between 200 to 1000 posts (depending on how much your job is worth), then you can earn $100 a day. You can also, of course, do whatever you would like per day and then mix and match with another suggestion from our lists.