100 Ways to make money – 5. Guest Writer
Webmasters sometimes need specific experts to create content for their websites. They might not know enough about a specific topic, or want to have someone else’s insight.
If you’re an expert in any particular niche, you can make some excellent money by writing in and offering your wisdom.
In order for you to become a guest writer, here are some steps you can take:
- Make sure to establish yourself as an expert in your niche by making a presence in the websites and forums in your area of interest. Sometimes, people will just ask if you’re interested in creating content.
- After you’ve established a presence, you can also write to website and forum owners and let them know what your expertise is and that you’d be interested in creating content for them should they be interested.
- You can find more tips here and here.
- When you get a writing job, make sure your content is written and submitted as early as possible. If you establish a good reputation, you can get references for other sites and hopefully end up writing for more.
How much can I make out of being a guest writer?
- Depending on the length of the piece you create and the obscurity of the topic, you can make anywhere from $25 to $200 each time you write.
100 Ways to make money – 4. Become A Blogger
If there’s something you’re passionate about, you can create a blog where you can talk about it.
This is a fun way to share your passions while learning and teaching about what you’re already excited about.
In order to do this well, you would need to be a good writer with the ability to make people interested. You would also need to be able to post fairly regularly to a blog.
Blogs can be monetized in several ways. Just some ways are to have companies pay you to post their advertisements (this is better for blogs with a lot of traffic), or put Google AdSense on your blog. With this option, Google pays you every time someone clicks on an advertisement.
In order for you to become a Blogger, here are some steps you can take:
Most people opt to buy a domain so that their blog appears more professional. If you choose to do this, you’ll need to sign up with a hosting company (I recommend HostGator – their plans are as low as $4.95 a month), and then have your domain routed to the hosting company.
This may sound difficult but it’s actually very easy, and HostGator’s customer support can help you with any questions.
- After your blog is set up, decorate it however you would like (WordPress calls the blog skins “themes”, and Blogger calls them “templates”)
- Post news, lessons, stories, or anything relevant to your blog.
- Add content as frequently as possible so that you build up a regular readership base.
- Start advertising your site on social networks, amongst friends, or via other traffic methods (you can outsource a lot of this to Burn Your To Do List if you don’t have the time or knowhow).
How much can I make out of blogging?
- It can take some time to establish a blog, but the profit potentials can be quite large. Some people report making in the millions of dollars from a blog. Your earnings will vary based on traffic you get to the blog, how interesting your content is, how often you post, and the types of advertisements you put on your blog.