Ways to make money – 2. Forum Moderator
100 Ways to make money – 2. Forum Moderator
As long as forums exist, forum moderators need to exist.
This is because webmasters need people to block negative comments, make sure things are running smoothly and forum users are getting their questions and comments responded to.
To be a forum moderator, you would need to monitor comments posted by users, delete spam, answer questions from users, and reply to user messages. You would also encourage threads, add new content to the site, and block comments posted by people who ignore forum rules.
If you have an interest in certain forums, this could be very interesting for you to do. Just like with forum posting, you also have the potential to learn a lot.
You can find further tips here.
In order for you to become a forum moderator, here are some steps you can take:
- Post a profile on freelancing sites such as Elance.com, Guru.com, and Odesk.com. Describe your interests and your levels of expertise.
- Look for forum moderator jobs on the same freelancing sites, and apply for them.
- Google forum moderation job openings.
- If there are forums you’re interested in, check with the owner. A lot of people don’t post on freelancing sites but rather prefer to hire people who post a lot.
How much can I make out of moderating forums?
- Depending on your role and experience, you can make anywhere from $3 to $20 an hour.